- 11.02.08 "Swing for Sight" Event Raises $90,000 to Fight Blindness in Children and Project 3000
- 07.24.08-07.28.08 Foundation for Retinal Research LCA Family Conference 2008 in Cleveland, OH
- 04.27.08-05.01.08 ARVO 2008 Annual Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 03.13.2008 - Chicago Cubs' Derrek Lee teams up with the UI Carver Family Center for Macular Degeneration for a fundraising event benefiting Project 3000. Over 100 guests joined Chicago Cubs all-star Derrek Lee in Scottsdale, Arizona for a special evening of hope, education and inspiration. Lee joined Dr. Edwin Stone from the University of Iowa Carver Nonprofit Genetic Testing Laboratory for a fundraising event that raised $140,000 toward genetic testing and research for cures to Leber congenital amaurosis, or LCA, and other blinding eye diseases. The evening featured a silent auction that included unique and exciting items like professional sports memorabilia, custom jewelry and vacation and resort packages. Special guests included the Perez family of Arizona, whose daughter has LCA.
- Super Bowl Celebrity Happy Hour Benefit for Project 3000 in Phoenix, AZ
- Visit the Project 3000 booth at the Lions Club International Convention July 2-6
- Kerry Woods Strike Zone To Support Derrek Lee And Project 3000!
- Project 3000 Night with the Tennessee Smokies
- Project 3000 Day with the Iowa Cubs
- Project 3000 Day at Wrigley Field